Things to consider when buying a new refrigerator
3 weeks ago admin Comments Off on Things to consider when buying a new refrigerator
One of the many necessities of today’s life is a refrigerator and with the plethora of options available before the consumers it becomes all the more confusing to choose one which suits you best. There are many points one should keep in mind before going for a particular model of a refrigerator like size, features, energy consumption and the likes. One also has to keep in mind their budget as exceeding it may not even be an option. Thus, it is indeed a daunting task to make a well informed decision regarding the model of refrigerator one should buy. We are here to help you make that decision. We shall put out the pointers you must keep in mind to choose the best fridge within your budget which meets your requirements well.
Thus, here are the points which you must keep in mind:
- Size- This is easily the most important factor which all buyers must keep in mind. Start by taking a measuring tape and measure the dimensions of the space in which you are planning to keep your fridge. Remember to allow for some space behind and on the sides of the refrigerator. Ample space must be kept in front to allow for the door to open and shut easily.
- Surf through available models- Online is the new market-place. This is a huge and well stocked store where you would find all the models which are available in the market. One must look carefully for features and models of fridge online in order to make a well-informed choice. Also reviews for different brands are easily available from users which helps in ensuring authenticity of their claims.
- Energy consumption- You may have to pay for the refrigerator once but you will have to pay for its energy consumption throughout its life. This makes it mandatory to invest in an appliance which leaves a smaller carbon footprint by having a more energy efficient operation. To help buyers with this, the government labels all electronic devices with a BEE star rating. The devices with a higher rating are more energy efficient than the ones with a lower rating and thus ensure reduced energy bills throughout their lifespan.
- Refrigerator build- Since one is investing so much in the body one must ensure that the fridge will have a long lifespan. This can be ensured by buying a fridge made of sturdy, strong material. The doors must be strongly built and the shelves must not be flimsy.
- Shelves type- Some refrigerators come with shelves which have a wired mesh appearance. In the case of these refrigerators, there is always the risk of food spillover over different shelves. Thus, it is advisable to go for glass shelves which remove any such danger.
- Freezer positioning- If the freezer is not very frequently used then it is advisable to go for fridge having freezers placed in the bottom as it becomes easier to reach for the main
- Ice and water dispenser- It is better to buy a fridge with water and ice dispenser built so that one does not need to open the door every time these are needed and thus keeping less pressure on the compressor to maintain a constant temperature.
To buy refrigerators online you can simply visit flipkart, amazon, bijlibachao.com etc.